The Norwegian Government has an ambition to realize at least one full scale carbon capture and storage chain within 2020 Key driver is showcasing CCS leadership to international community.
Client: Klemetsrudanlegget AS
Project: Carbon Capture Project “Klemetsrudanlegget AS”
Date: April 2017 – September 2017
Mhrs: 6000 Mhrs
Location: Oslo – Norway
Selected sites for CCS project are:
- Klemetsrudanlegget AS - Oslo
- Yara, Porsgrunn
- Decision to go for concept development and FEED studies
- FID in Q2 2019 and operation start in 2022
- Technology qualification at Technology Center Mongstad(TCM)
- Price and delivery
Scope of Work:
The Scope of Work for this CCS project, was to prepare the design of a plant capable of capturing the CO2 from the KEA Energy-from-Waste and to make it available for pipeline transportation in a dense gas phase, liquefy it at the harbor and store it in interim storage tanks at harbor. The scope of work included the following main topics;
- Concept selection/design for carbon capture (CC) plant.
- EfW and CC plant integration.
- Pre-conditioning of CO2 at KEA site for pipeline transport to harbor.
- Liquefaction of captured CO2 at harbor.
- Intermediate storage at Oslo harbor with offloading facilities for CO2 transport ships.
The final report consisted of:
- Description and Layout of the complete CO2 capture concept.
- Risk analysis.
- Budget +/-20%.