After the transition from Exxon Mobil Norge to Point Resources, major upgrades are planned and currently under execution on the Ringhorne platform.
Client: Point Resources
Scope: Upgrade of drilling unit
Date: 2018 - 2019
Contract value: 150 mNOK
A lot of time an effort has been put down to evaluate the rig condition and optimize it for the coming drilling campaign in 2019. During the last drilling campaign there were identified several issues both with down-hole conditions and topside equipment. APPLY has been contracted to assess and perform necessary upgrades to the drilling support equipment and systems for mud and bulk treatment. APPLY will both be responsible for the new equipment packages design and assembly as well as total EPCI for the integration of new equipment.
Scope of Work
- The team was tasked with preparing the rig for managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) including refurbishment of Kill & Chocke manifold
- Mud Treatment Upgrade Package
- Cutting Re- Injection, CRI slurry mill upgrade
- New Mud Cooler Installation, and demolishing of centrifuges
- Bulk Air and Mud Additive System Upgrade
- Drain System Upgrade, on DSM pipe deck and DES upper Mezzanine deck
- HVAC upgrade package
- Replacement of existing noise absorbing panels in DES and DSM
Added value: Improved operational performance and working environment